Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kitesurfing Kylie



Ever since I first saw the kitesurfing sport whilst driving past the beach, I have wanted to try it. Finally about 10 years later, I am giving it a crack! I am so excited by this as it looks like you can have a lot of fun once you are out on the water.

My Dad has a trainer kite (smaller version of the real thing) and I have been heading to the local park to learn some manouvres before hitting the beach. Though the wind is inconsistent at the park, I have attained a bit of a feel for it.

Initially I tried to keep the kite up in the sky at 12 o'clock. Next I have been attempting figure 8 shapes with which you gain momentum on the water and getting out into the water. I have also tried to gently ease the kite down to the ground just as you would when coming into land.

This sport involves quite a lot of technique and I have gained respect for the safety factors involved so far. Can't wait for the fun bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment